GSRC COVID-19 Official Plan
GSRC COVID-19 Plan
Tentative Opening Date: Saturday May 30 10am.
Partnership: GSRC partnership with Pool Professionals to implement all recommended safety are regulatory guidance provided under Governor’s Phases Reopening and CDC guidelines.
General Guidelines that Apply to All:
Each employer is responsible for providing a safe and healthy workplace. These guidelines are subject to change at any time based on the Governor’s phase movement and GSRC board and management discretion. To reopen and successfully remain open for business, everyone individually and collectively must actively participate in the core recommendations:
- We will limit the deck area to no more than 80 people at one given time.
- We will limit the swimming pool area to no more than 36 people at any one given time.
- Tables are spread 6 feet apart to ensure social distancing.
- GSRC purchased 3 hand soap dispensers which are installed in the bathrooms
- GSRC purchased 3 hand sanitizer dispensers which are installed at the entrance of the pool, around the middle of the deck and on the opposite end of the deck near the pump house.
- GSRC purchased 6 social distancing and wash your hands signs to be installed along the fence line, in an effort to continually remind folks
- the following (4) signs: How to stop the spreadpdf icon of COVID-19, properly wash hands, promote everyday protective measurespdf icon, and properly use a cloth face coveringimage icon in highly visible locations (for example, at deck entrances, and at sinks).
- Emergency Maximum Occupancy signs will be posted: Sign
- Know y our W’s will be posted: Sign
- GSRC will also have directional signs indicating closed clubhouse, closed bathroom stalls (every other one), closed grill area, etc.
- GSRC will adopt a “touchless” policy to prevent the spread of COVID-19, which includes:
- Lids on trash cans will be taken off
- Doors to the bathroom will be kept open
- Front gate will be left open (front desk attendant will be sitting at the entrance to provide touch less check in.)
- Every other bathroom stall and every other sink in the bathroom will be closed off to follow regulations of being 6 feet apart.
- The water fountains will not be in use.
- GSRC will employ a front desk attendant to check in members before they enter the pool. This will also allow for GSRC to allow the correct number of guests approved under the Governor’s order.
- There will be no ‘Lost and Found’ - all items left behind will be thrown away each night.
- GSRC will not host any pool parties, swim lessons, movie nights, etc.
- Access to the pool will be limited to members only. No guests will be allowed until such time the attendance restrictions are lifted.
- In order to limit the number of people at the pool at time, members will be required to sign up for one of the following time slots each day through Signup Genius. Regular: 10-12, 12:30-2:30, 3-5, 5:30-8:30, During School: 3:00-5:00, 5:30-8:30 Sunday: 12:00-2:00, 2:30-4:30, 5:00-8:00. GSRC will manage the number of signup slots to comply with Governor's phased reopening plan.
- Commonly used surfaces such as bathrooms, handrails, ladders, gates, drinking water fountains, picnic tables, etc. will be cleaned between each appointment session.
- We will close for 30 minutes between appointment sessions to clean the entire facility.
- We will have 3 number of cleaning stations throughout the pool desk for members and employees to use as needed.
- Our games such as Ping Pong and Foosball will be closed. The Playground, Volleyball and Basketball area will be closed as well.
- Only employees will be allowed in the pool clubhouse. All concessions and other business will be performed through the window to the clubhouse. The deck area will be marked with 6 feet markers and we will have a clear entrance and exit labeled.
- Area in front of concessions will be marked with social distancing guidelines.
- Area around lifeguard stand will be marked with social distancing guidelines.
- Area around ladders will be marked with social distancing guidelines.
- We will mark a clear entrance and exit to the pool
- All employees will be asked to self-disclose before entering the pool by signing a document. If they are sick, they will be asked to stay home.
- Clubhouse employees will be asked to wear a mask when interacting with pool members.
- Lifeguards are asked to not enforce social distancing guidelines, per CDC guidelines.
- Self-isolation - if you are sick, stay home.
- Practice social distancing of at least six feet distance to the greatest extent possible.
- Wash hands frequently (20 seconds with soap and water or use of a sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces or remove frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Strongly consider wearing a cloth face covering when in public and not in the pool.
- Cover mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.